- Public and municipal golf courses are the facilities most likely to buy used balls; private country clubs generally sell only new golf balls and buy new practice balls for their driving ranges.
How much do used golf balls sell for?
Generally you’ll be paid between 6 and 12 cents per ball selling them wholesale. If you’re good at collecting, that can add up to hundreds of dollars daily. If you’re not a diver, or you don’t find more than a few hundred balls at a time, you might consider retailing the used golf balls yourself.
What is the best way to sell used golf balls?
How To Sell Golf Balls (Top 10 Ways)
- eBay. eBay is a great way to sell used golf balls.
- 2. Facebook. Facebook Marketplace is becoming one of the most trusted ways for golfers to sell and look for golf equipment.
- Local Driving Range.
- Local Golf Course.
- Junior Golf Program.
- Golf Balls Direct.
- Flea Markets.
Are old golf balls worth anything?
The earliest real golf balls that were produced in larger numbers were “feathery” golf balls. Because of the age and the craftsmanship put into these balls they are among the ones that have the highest price tag of collectible golf balls. These balls are referred to as antique, and goes for sums upwards of +$5000!
Who takes old golf balls?
One of such programs is the First Tee’s Donation program. You can freely donate your used golf balls to them and get a reward in return. Apart from these programs, several companies are involved in the process of refurbishing and refinishing old golf balls. You can choose to donate yours to them.
Who pays the most for used golf balls?
Practice Facilities Although some upscale facilities buy only new practice balls, many driving ranges do not. These facilities are the best places to sell your used balls. Most facilities have a set price they pay for balls, anywhere from 5 to 15 cents per ball.
Are used golf balls worth buying?
The conclusion was clear. None of these “myths” was in fact a myth. Whatever club in the bag was used by testers, and with any of the grades of used ball tested, there was no significant impact on performance.
What can you do with a bunch of golf balls?
Ways To Reuse Old Golf Balls
- Christmas Ornaments. Whether it is an elf, a reindeer, or your initials, there are endless possibilities for how to upcycle them into cute ornaments.
- Massage Therapy.
- Insect Garden Art.
- Vase Filler.
- Potted Plant Drainage.
- Table Cloth Weight.
- Tool For Tenderizing Meat.
- Emergency Sink or Bathtub Plug.
Are 20 year old golf balls still good?
If unused golf balls are stored at room temperature which is around 70-80 degrees Fahrenheit, they can last for 10 years. Unless you are playing a 100 year old ball, the performance will be maintained.
How do reselling golf balls make money?
Go to the local golf course or country club and make a deal with management. Tell them you sell “after market” golf balls and that you would like to use their club as a resource. You will only come after hours — when the course is closed to golfers — and that you will give them 25 percent of your revenues.
What are the most valuable used golf balls?
The Five Most Expensive Golf Balls in the World
- Titleist Pro V1 – $48 per dozen. Titleist is a known sports brand that specializes in golf gear and golf equipment.
- Volvik Vista iV – $48 per dozen.
- TaylorMade Lethal – $48 per dozen.
- Nike One Tour – $50 per dozen.
- Dixon Fire – $75 per dozen.
Which golf balls are valuable?
Best Value Golf Balls
- Srixon Distance Golf Ball. Our Pick.
- Callaway Supersoft golf ball. Best For Average Swing Speeds.
- Titleist TruFeel golf ball. Best Value For Performance.
- TaylorMade Soft Response golf ball.
- Callaway Warbird golf ball.
- Srixon Soft Feel golf ball.
- Vice Tour golf ball.
- Titleist Velocity golf ball.
What are rare golf balls?
10 Rarest Golf Balls Ever Played
- Ping Golf Balls.
- Haskell Bramble Pattern.
- Triangle Mesh Golf Balls.
- Square Mesh Burke GolfRite.
- Martins Zodiac.
- Worthington PGA.
- Dunlop 65.
When should you throw away golf balls?
Once the cover is cracked, it’s completely useless to you. Sometimes, the noise will be a little bit faded, which could just mean that your golf balls are on their way out but haven’t completely died yet. If you play competitively, you should replace them right away.
How many golf balls can you put in a 5 gallon bucket?
The Calculations The volume of a US five-gallon bucket is 18927cm3 divide by 40.68cm3 the volume of a standard golf ball. When you divide your answer will be 465, which means a 5-gallon bucket will contain 465 golf balls.
Do golf balls biodegrade?
Golf balls are often made of hard plastic called polyurethane. This material is not biodegradable, meaning that it will never break down into harmless substances, and the waste can pile up if left to nature.