For your first golf clubs, we recommend buying a beginner set of clubs that include a driver and 3-wood, odd-numbered irons (3, 5, 7, 9) and a putter. Apart from the basic decisions between men’s and women’s clubs and right or left-handed clubs, you might have a choice between steel and graphite shaft clubs.
How do I know what golf clubs to buy?
Understanding the basic guidelines for selecting new clubs will help you pick the set that’s right for you and your game.
- Determine your skill level.
- Choose the number of clubs you will want in your bag.
- Decide on your shaft flex.
- Choose your shaft length.
- Choose the clubhead for your irons.
Which golf irons should I buy?
Best Golf Irons – Best Golf Iron Sets
- Mizuno JPX921 Forged Irons. Best Aesthetics.
- Cobra Radspeed Irons. Best All-Round Value.
- TaylorMade SIM2 Max Irons. Best For Distance.
- Wilson Staff D9 Irons. Most Powerful Irons.
- Callaway Apex Pro Irons. Best For Low Handicappers.
- Ping G425 Irons.
- Titleist T200 Irons.
- TaylorMade P770 Irons.
What size golf clubs do I need?
Using the ratio of every 6′ of height there should be a 1′ change in length then there should be a 1 ½’ difference between their 5-irons. For example, recommend 36.5′ for the lady and 38′ for the man (or 36.75′ / 38.25′).
What irons should a 12 handicap play?
Best Golf Irons for Mid Handicappers Review
- Cleveland Golf 2018 Men’s Launcher CBX Iron Set.
- TaylorMade Golf M5 Iron Set.
- TaylorMade Golf M6 Iron.
- Callaway Golf 2020 Mavrik Max Iron Set.
- TaylorMade M4 Combo (Hybrid/Iron) Set.
- TaylorMade Golf P790 Iron Set.
What irons do Tiger Woods use?
The clubs Tiger Woods used at the PNC Championship
- The clubs in Tiger’s bag for Team Woods second-place finish at the PNC Championship, below.
- 3-wood: TaylorMade Stealth Plus (15 degrees @13.5)
- Irons: TaylorMade P7TW (3-PW)
- Wedges: TaylorMade MG2 TW Grind (56-12, 60-11)
- Putter: Scotty Cameron GSS Newport 2.
Are TaylorMade clubs good?
Given the quality of player TaylorMade has playing its equipment, it should come as no surprise that the brand makes some of the best golf clubs on the market, from drivers, all the way down to putters. Importantly, as we mentioned above, TaylorMade covers just about every level of player in its current range.
How much should a beginner pay for golf clubs?
When researching, “How much is a set of golf clubs?”, you may be in for some initial sticker shock. A complete set of golf clubs can cost as much as $1,000. The good news is, your average beginner to intermediate player will still play a good game at a much lower price point, in the $250 to $350 range.
How far does Tiger Woods hit a 7 iron?
How Far Does Tiger Woods Hit a 7 Iron? Tiger Woods is a legend of golf but on average, how long does he hit a 7 iron? Tiger hits his 7 irons approximately 172 yards. This is an average figure and there will times when Tiger hits the ball closer to 200 yards.
How far should a 70 year old man hit a golf ball?
A 70-year-old man should be hitting a driver anywhere from 180 to 190 yards. This number has grown a bit in the last few years with the introduction of improved driver and shaft technology. At 70 years old, some golfers are having no trouble getting the ball to fly 200 yards or more.
Why do I hit my 3 wood farther than my driver?
Players who hit their 3- or 5-wood as far or longer than their driver are typically using too little loft with the driver for their clubhead speed. You know, it’s a funny thing with the driver and its loft compared to the other clubs in the bag.