The best golf balls, in order of preference
- TaylorMade Tour Response. A premium ball for average players.
- Titleist Pro V1. The best golf ball for distance, but with short game control.
- Callaway Chrome Soft Golf Balls.
- Wilson Staff Model R.
- TaylorMade TP5x.
- OnCore Vero X1.
- Titleist AVX.
- Vice Pro Soft.
- The best golf ball for an average player is a 2-layer ball that allows your good shots to fly straight and prevent errant shots from going too far out of bounds. Use a ball with a soft or medium rated compression rating first then move on to harder balls once you have a dialed-in swing.
What type of golf ball should I use for my swing speed?
Anything between 55 and 70 will be a good choice for your swing speed. 85-95 mph swing speed is fast enough to put a decent move on the ball so medium compression golf balls are an excellent choice.
What golf balls are easiest to hit?
9 Best Golf Balls for Beginners
- Bridgestone E6 Soft.
- Callaway 2021 Supersoft Golf Balls.
- Wilson Staff Duo Golf Ball.
- TaylorMade Noodle Long and Soft Golf Balls.
- Titleist Velocity Golf Balls.
- Srixon Soft Feel Golf Balls.
- Pinnacle Soft Golf Balls.
- Vice Golf Pro Soft Golf Balls.
What is the most forgiving golf ball for beginners?
Here are our picks for the best golf balls for beginners:
- Best Overall Beginner Golf Ball: Pinnacle Soft.
- Best Value Beginner Golf Ball: Nike PD Long.
- Top of the Range: Titleist Velocity and Callaway Supersoft.
- Worthy Competitor #1: Srixon AD333.
- Worthy Competitor #2: Callaway Warbird.
- Worthy Competitor #3: Taylormade Burner.
Which Pro V1 should I play?
If you’re looking for a softer feel, especially in the short game department – select the Pro V1. If you normally hit a high ball off the tee and don’t mind launching a little lower, the Pro V1 is again the answer. However, the low-ball hitter will definitely benefit from the Pro V1x.
What is the most forgiving golf ball?
Most Forgiving Golf Ball, Ranked
- #1 – TaylorMade Project (a) Golf Balls.
- #2 – Bridgestone e6 Golf Balls.
- #3 – Callaway Super Soft Golf Balls.
- #4 – Srixon Soft Feel Golf Balls.
- #5 – Titleist Tour Soft Golf Balls.
- FOR WOMEN – Bridgestone 2019 e6 Lady Golf Balls.
- Bridgestone e7 Golf Balls.
What swing speed is needed for TP5x?
The TP5x is designed for high swing speeds with the driver. With a compression rating of 97, you should be swinging that driver around 105 mph or higher in order to get the most out of this golf ball. The lower spin rate on this ball helps control both sidespin and backspin.
What swing speed is needed for Pro V1x?
Rick’s swing speed for this test averaged between 48 and 50 mph. Both the Pro V1 and Pro V1x produced an average ball speed of 50 to 50.5 mph as well as an average distance of 45 yards. The Pro V1x golf ball did spin a little bit more with an average spin rate of 6,751 rpm.
Are soft golf balls good for fast swing speed?
The Chrome Soft X has a lower compression of 90, taking it to the same level as the Pro V1. However, it features hexagonal dimples. Overall, this is a perfect golf ball for higher swing speeds. Additionally, this product is suitable for big bombers and tour golfers who prefer all-around performance.
Is a hard or soft golf ball better?
In almost all cases, an average golfer will prefer a softer golf ball over a firmer ball. Softer balls normally have a lower compression rating which means it will take less club speed to properly compress the ball. This will result in straighter shots and a better feeling golf ball.
Are softer golf balls better for beginners?
Soft golf balls tend to have a lower compression rating, a lower compression rating is a good thing for a beginner as they’ll be able to compress the ball more than a ball with a higher compression rating. They’re also a lot more forgiving and easier to control around the greens.
Do golf balls matter for beginner?
If a beginner is still learning how to make the correct contact with the ball, as well as how to chip and leave it relatively close to the hole, the ball won’t make a massive difference. 2-piece golf balls are ideal golf balls for a high-handicapper. Two-piece golf balls have harder shells and a sturdy core.
How do you pick a beginners golf ball?
On the other hand, don’t buy the cheapest golf balls you can find, either. They won’t perform. The best advice for any beginner shopping for balls is to find a good value ball that’s not too expensive but has the best combination of distance, feel and durability to be worth the money.
What kind of golf ball should a beginner use?
Best Golf Balls For Beginners In 2021 [Our Top 6 Picks!]
- Beginner Golf Ball #1: Callaway Supersoft.
- Beginner Golf Ball #2: Titleist Pro V1.
- Beginner Golf Ball #3: Nike Golf PD Long Power.
- Beginner Golf Ball #4: Srixon Soft Feel.
- Beginner Golf Ball #5: Titleist Tour Soft.
Do golf balls matter for high handicappers?
Distance or feel? – The area of the game that higher handicap players usually need the most help is in getting the ball in the air and in terms of distance. Durability – Golf balls also have to be durable too especially for higher handicap players.