- discXchange is a digital marketplace where you can buy, sell, and trade disc golf discs. Buying, selling, and trading can all occur locally through meet ups at your local course, or through shipping arranged between yourself and the other party. All transactions occur outside of discXchange, and discXchange costs you nothing.
Where is the best place to buy disc golf online?
5 Best Places To Buy Disc Golf Discs Online
- Infinite Discs. Infinite Discs is one of the best and most popular online disc golf stores that you can find.
- Sabattus Disc Golf.
- OTB Discs.
- Disc Golf Center.
- Marshall Street Disc Golf.
- 1010 Discs.
- Gotta Go Gotta Throw.
How much does a set of disc golf discs cost?
The average cost of a golf disc set is around $14 – $16 dollars. But disc golf discs prices can vary between $8 dollars and $25 dollars depending on the quality of plastic, brand, rates, color, type of disc, and whether the model is still being produced or not.
Why are disc golf discs sold out?
Due to a disruption in the plastics supply chain, as well as diminished capacity at some manufacturing facilities, along with a significant increase in demand, the supply of discs decreased drastically in 2020.
How do you buy golf discs?
How to pick out discs using the flight ratings
- Speed ranges 1 to 14. Speed is just about the single most important factor when looking for disc golf discs.
- Glide ranges 1 to 7.
- Turn ranges 1 to -5.
- Fade ranges from 0 to 5.
- Don’t worry about what the pros throw…
- Skip the drivers.
- Weight matters.
- Plastic matters.
How can I get free disc golf discs?
Free New Discs! Check it out. A new disc golf retailer InfiniteDiscs.com is giving away golf discs for people who review discs on their site, or follow them on facebook and twitter. As a brand new website, Infinite is looking for reviews so they can help people looking for discs make the best decisions.
Which disc golf brand is best?
The 8 Best Disc Golf Discs of 2022
- Best Overall: Innova Champion Roc3 at Amazon.
- Best Value: Innova Disc Golf Starter Set at Amazon.
- Best Distance Driver: Neutron Tesla Distance Driver at Amazon.
- Best Mid-Range: Innova Champion Mako 3 disc golf at Amazon.
- Best for Beginners: Dynamic Discs Disc Golf Starter Set at Amazon.
How many discs should a beginner have?
But a good rule of thumb: you should always carry at least six discs with you. Two drivers, two mid-range, and two putters.
Can you use regular frisbees for disc golf?
Yes, you can play disc golf with a frisbee. You cannot play competitively, but you can use regular frisbees to practice on the course to improve your accuracy and your distance.
Do you pay to play disc golf?
Yes. Almost all disc golf courses are free. Roughly 90% percent of disc golf courses are run by towns or cities and are completely free, public parks. Roughly 10% percent of disc golf courses are Pay2play and require you to pay fees to play.
Why are discs so hard to find?
Higher interest in the sport means courses are seeing more traffic, tournaments are seeing larger waitlists, and it has become tougher to find new discs due to production and stock issues.
Is disc golf getting more popular?
So, to answer the question directly – Yes, disc golf is growing rapidly in popularity all over the world. It’s one of the fastest-growing sports in modern times, with a 33% increase in games played from 2019 to 2020 alone, according to UDisc, a very popular disc golf scoring app.
Are lighter discs easier to throw?
On the most basic level, lighter discs take less effort to throw than heavy discs and as a result are often more accurate. However, light weight discs are also generally affected by wind more than heavy discs so you may find heavier discs can maintain a consistent path more effectively in windy weather.
Do discs fly farther at elevation?
Primarily, discs tend to become more stable at higher altitudes (and consequently lower air pressure): they turn less in the initial part of their flight and fade more late. If you throw [a disc] the same way as before, it will have a different flight path.”
What are the different types of disc golf discs?
There are four main types of disc golf discs – distance drivers, fairway drivers, midranges, and putters. Choosing the right type of disc for the right situation can make all the difference in your score!