You may exercise if you avoid high impact activity during the first week. Most patients resume golf, tennis, and other active sports or hobbies within one week.
How soon Can I play golf after cataract surgery?
- Depending on risks intraoperative issues how aggressive a golf player one is, most patients can play golf within a few days (2d: if just putting-7ds more involved) after surgery (wearing sunglasses, hat, taking drops); usually we will ask pts not to bend at the waist or lift heavy objects 5-7 days after surgery.
What activities should be avoided after cataract surgery?
What Activities Should Be Avoided After Cataract Surgery?
- Driving. For at least 24 hours after cataract surgery, you shouldn’t drive.
- Wearing Makeup. Makeup is so much fun, but it is also full of bacteria.
- Performing Strenuous Activities.
- Going Near Dirty or Dusty Areas.
- Forgetting Your Sunglasses.
- Rubbing Your Eye.
How long after cataract surgery can you do normal activities?
In general, it’s safe to do light exercise the first week after cataract surgery. This includes walking and stretching without bending at the waist. By the second week, you can resume moderate-intensity activity. At 4 to 6 weeks, you should be fully healed.
Can I workout after cataract surgery?
You’ll be expected to limit your exercise for the first few weeks after cataract surgery, and to avoid swimming for at least a month or so.
How long does it take for cataract surgery to heal?
Your eye will feel normal again 24 hours after surgery. However, your sensitivity to light may persist for a few more days. It will take four to six weeks for your eye to fully heal.
Is it OK to drive after cataract surgery?
Most patients are able to resume driving 24 hours after cataract surgery. However, this completely depends on the individual patient. The day after your surgery, you will return to your surgeon’s office for a follow-up appointment.
What is the fastest way to recover from cataract surgery?
How to get the best cataract surgery recovery?
- Don’t drive on the first day following surgery.
- Don’t do any heavy lifting or strenuous activity for a few weeks.
- Immediately after the procedure, avoid bending over to prevent putting extra pressure on your eye.
How soon can I lift weights after cataract surgery?
Though it may be quite tempting, don’t try to lift anything that’s over 10 pounds in the first week after cataract surgery. If you consider yourself a weight lifter, avoid this exercise for at least 5 weeks to be safe.
Why can’t you drink water before cataract surgery?
Before any surgery, you should try to increase your water intake. The human body is made up of up to 60% water! Though you are not put to sleep during cataract surgery, it can still be quite taxing on your body.
How long should you wear dark glasses after cataract surgery?
However, it is especially important to wear post-cataract surgery sunglasses diligently for the first month of recovery, says Tanya Khan, M.D., a board-certified ophthalmologist. “The first four weeks of healing is the most sensitive time period.” The doctor also uses eye drops to dilate your pupils during surgery.
How soon after cataract surgery can I get reading glasses?
When will I get my new glasses? We usually recommend waiting until your eye has settled, at around 6 weeks after surgery, before getting an eye test for your new glasses from your optician.