What Can You Do With Old Golf Balls?
- Christmas Ornaments. You can make Christmas wonders with your old golf balls.
- Garden Critters. This is another project you can choose to do yourself by using used golf balls at your disposal.
- Vase Filler.
- Table Cloth Weight.
- Tool For Tenderizing Meat.
How do you dispose of old golf balls?
If you are willing to give your old golf balls away, see if a local high school golf club or a nonprofit sports organization can use them. Some thrift stores sell used sporting goods and may be willing to take golf balls off your hands.
Who will take old golf balls?
Donate used golf balls to a local school club, nonprofit, or thrift store.
- If you want to give them to a school club or nonprofit organization, contact them to see if they can use the golf balls.
- This is a great idea if you have less than 100 used golf balls.
What can I do with a lot of golf balls?
Consider these creative ways to put your old golf balls to use around the home.
- Light Dimmer Switch.
- Vase Filler.
- Drainage for Potted Plants.
- Critters for the Garden.
- Christmas Ornaments.
- Meat Tenderizer.
- Table Cloth Weights.
Are old golf balls worth anything?
The earliest real golf balls that were produced in larger numbers were “feathery” golf balls. Because of the age and the craftsmanship put into these balls they are among the ones that have the highest price tag of collectible golf balls. These balls are referred to as antique, and goes for sums upwards of +$5000!
Do golf balls biodegrade?
Golf balls are often made of hard plastic called polyurethane. This material is not biodegradable, meaning that it will never break down into harmless substances, and the waste can pile up if left to nature.
When should you throw away golf balls?
Once the cover is cracked, it’s completely useless to you. Sometimes, the noise will be a little bit faded, which could just mean that your golf balls are on their way out but haven’t completely died yet. If you play competitively, you should replace them right away.
Are 20 year old golf balls still good?
If unused golf balls are stored at room temperature which is around 70-80 degrees Fahrenheit, they can last for 10 years. Unless you are playing a 100 year old ball, the performance will be maintained.
What golf balls are worth money?
Best Value Golf Balls
- Srixon Distance Golf Ball. Our Pick.
- Callaway Supersoft golf ball. Best For Average Swing Speeds.
- Titleist TruFeel golf ball. Best Value For Performance.
- TaylorMade Soft Response golf ball.
- Callaway Warbird golf ball.
- Srixon Soft Feel golf ball.
- Vice Tour golf ball.
- Titleist Velocity golf ball.
What do you do with old golf shafts?
What to Do With Old Golf Clubs
- Donation. One way to get rid of your old clubs while helping others in the process is to donate them to an organization or business.
- Trade-in. Another option is to try to trade in your clubs on a new set.
- Selling. Of course, you can always sell your clubs individually or as a set.
How do you make ladybugs out of golf balls?
Turn Old Golf Balls into the Cutest Ladybugs You’ve Ever Seen
- Use sandpaper to smooth out the golf balls and get rid of their gloss.
- Spray primer on the golf balls, making sure to get full coverage.
- Wait for the primer to dry.
- Paint the golf balls using acrylics.
- Wait for them to dry and you are all done!
Can you put golf balls in a washing machine?
Put them in the dishwasher or washing machine. They shouldn’t damage the machinery. Should this kind of hot-water washing harm any of the balls, they weren’t in good shape to begin with.
How do you clean golf balls with hydrogen peroxide?
Cleaning Golf Balls with Hydrogen Peroxide Just a cup of hydrogen peroxide or ammonia (it’s a good alternative to hydrogen peroxide and bleach) per two cups distilled water. Soak the balls for 10-15 minutes. Then scrub away with a non-abrasive brush. Rinse off using clean water and then hand-dry.
Are old golf balls still good?
He stated golf balls are now designed with multi-layer surfaces and solid cores, therefore will not go bad or impact performance. Although, golf balls with scuff marks could impact the ball’s performance. I recommend that you use the golf balls on your shelf, and don’t worry, you are still able to play with them.
What is the rarest type of golf ball?
The Gutta Percha ball is one of the rarest golf balls in the world. They date back to the mid 1800s and are worth thousands of dollars.
How much is a feathery golf ball worth?
According to the book Golf: The Science and the Art, the price of a single feathery ball from a reputable maker could range from $10 to $20 in today’s terms.