Best Distance Golf Balls
- Srixon Distance Golf Ball. Our pick.
- Callaway Warbird Golf Ball. Best for speed off the face.
- Titleist Velocity Golf Ball. High launch.
- Bridgestone e12 Contact Golf Ball.
- TaylorMade Distance + Golf Ball.
- Honma D1 Golf Ball.
- Wilson Tour Velocity Tour Distance Golf Ball.
- Pinnacle Rush Golf Ball.
Which is the best golf ball for distance?
- The Nike One Platinum is widely regarded as one of the best distance golf balls on the market. It has a soft cover to absorb the hardest swings, a low spin that helps keep it straight and 408 dimples to help get as much distance as possible. This is the ball that Tiger Woods plays.
Are soft golf balls good for distance?
Do Softer Golf Balls Go Further? As a general rule, soft low compression golf balls will travel further when you hit your driver and irons. With your wedges, soft and firm golf balls should travel the same distance.
What is the best distance golf ball for seniors?
Top-Rated Golf Balls That Senior Golfers
- Titleist Tour.
- Srixon Soft.
- TaylorMade Distance.
- Titleist Pro V1.
- Volvik Vivid.
- Wilson Staff.
- Bridgestone E6.
Which golf ball goes the farthest?
Analyzing the individual ball statistics we can see that the Titleist Pro V1x averaged the farthest distance as well at 266.7 yards. Meanwhile, the Callaway Chrome Soft X averaged the shortest distance at only 259.3 yards.
More Read also
Do golf balls matter for distance?
The answer is yes, the golf ball does affect distance and the distance that a ball travels is affected by the way that it is struck and by the elements. So the type of ball, the player and the weather all have an impact. You will use the golf ball on every hole you play, regardless of the outcome of each shot.
Do hard or soft golf balls go further?
The harder the ball, the further it tends to go with less spin. Harder golf balls tend to be much cheaper than softer golf balls. If you lose balls regularly then harder golf balls could be ideal for you. Soft balls stick to the grooves of your irons and wedges and spin much more.
What are distance golf balls?
Distance golf balls are designed to reduce the sidespin that exaggerate slices and hooks, helping to produce longer, straighter flight. The larger core helps maximize carry while a thicker cover provides added protection on wayward shots.
How far should a 70 year old hit a golf ball?
A 70-year-old man should be hitting a driver anywhere from 180 to 190 yards. This number has grown a bit in the last few years with the introduction of improved driver and shaft technology. At 70 years old, some golfers are having no trouble getting the ball to fly 200 yards or more.
What are the most forgiving golf balls?
Most Forgiving Golf Ball, Ranked
- #1 – TaylorMade Project (a) Golf Balls.
- #2 – Bridgestone e6 Golf Balls.
- #3 – Callaway Super Soft Golf Balls.
- #4 – Srixon Soft Feel Golf Balls.
- #5 – Titleist Tour Soft Golf Balls.
- FOR WOMEN – Bridgestone 2019 e6 Lady Golf Balls.
- Bridgestone e7 Golf Balls.
What golf ball do most pros use?
Titleist. Without a doubt, Titleist is the most widely played ball on the PGA Tour and they have more Top 50 players on their books than any other manufacturer. The latest stats show that 69% play a Titleist golf ball.
Which ball goes further Pro V1 or Pro V1x?
According to Titleist, the three-layer Pro V1 golf ball is made to fly lower than the Pro V1x, and it provides a softer feel. The four-layer Pro V1x, on the other hand, is designed for a higher flight and more spin, and provides a slightly firmer feel compared to the Pro V1.
How much do golf balls affect distance?
Range balls, as a general rule, will travel up to 10 yards less in distance when struck with wedges or short irons. The longer the club, the less noticeable the drop in distance will be, with data showing drivers suffer almost no loss in distance when hitting either range balls or premium balls.
How much distance can a golf ball add?
Long story short, when it comes to distance, golf ball speed is the king. An increase of 1 mph in ball speed can lead to roughly 2 yards of increase in distance with your driver. A lot of times, those gains can come without adding any speed to your golf swing.
What is the most accurate golf ball?
The best golf balls, in order of preference
- TaylorMade Tour Response. A premium ball for average players.
- Titleist Pro V1. The best golf ball for distance, but with short game control.
- Callaway Chrome Soft Golf Balls.
- Wilson Staff Model R.
- TaylorMade TP5x.
- OnCore Vero X1.
- Titleist AVX.
- Vice Pro Soft.