13 different brands and 59 models of irons are used by the top 100 golfers on the PGA Tour. Titleist, PING, Callaway, TaylorMade and Srixon irons dominate and are played with by 84% of this group. Ignoring driving/utility irons the most common iron set up, chosen by 29%, is 4-iron to pitching wedge.
- Many pros, for example, alternate between a driving iron, hybrid and a high-lofted fairway wood depending on course conditions. If you’re playing in windy conditions, for example, you may want to use a driving iron that can penetrate the wind.
What do pro golfers use for clubs?
Titleist is the dominant brand among the golf clubs used by the top 100 PGA Tour players. Titleist clubs are the most played across all categories of clubs, with the sole exception of fairway woods. Callaway is the next most popular brand among this elite group with PING golf clubs being the next most common.
What is the most used golf clubs on tour?
What clubs tour players use. 26 percent of tour players use a driver, two fairway woods, an iron set starting at a 4-iron, and four wedges, which makes it the most common setup on tour.
Why do pro golfers use blade irons?
Blades make it easier to work the ball to the left or the right, whereas cavity-backs tend to reduce sidespin and make it harder to deliberately hit draws and fades. Blades also give the golfer feedback. If you hit a shot right on the sweet spot, it feels pure and effortless and produces maximum distance and accuracy.
What are the most popular irons on the PGA Tour?
Irons used by the top 10 golfers in strokes gained approach the green
- Collin Morikawa, 1.502. Collin Morikawa’s TaylorMade irons. (
- Paul Casey, 0.907. Paul Casey’s Mizuno irons. (
- Keegan Bradley, 0.857.
- Russell Henley, 0.857.
- Justin Thomas, 0.853.
- Will Zalatoris, 0.793.
- Jon Rahm, 0.762.
- Corey Conners, 0.742.
What irons do Justin Thomas use?
As far as the consistent iron setup goes, Thomas opts for a Titleist T100 four-iron before transitioning into a set of the Titleist 620 MB blades. They go form five-iron down to nine-iron.
What pros use Callaway irons?
In addition to stalwart Phil Mickelson, Callaway has a roster of young talent in its corner, including Chris Kirk, Hideki Matsuyama, Patrick Reed and Gary Woodland.
What are the 3 most used golf clubs?
Conclusion. Despite having a maximum of 14 golf clubs when hitting the course, most golfers rarely use everything in their bags. The most commonly used clubs are the putter, wedges, and drivers.
What clubs do Tiger Woods use?
The clubs Tiger Woods used at the PNC Championship
- The clubs in Tiger’s bag for Team Woods second-place finish at the PNC Championship, below.
- 3-wood: TaylorMade Stealth Plus (15 degrees @13.5)
- Irons: TaylorMade P7TW (3-PW)
- Wedges: TaylorMade MG2 TW Grind (56-12, 60-11)
- Putter: Scotty Cameron GSS Newport 2.
What is the least used golf club?
What Are The Least Used Golf Clubs? In total, 45% of golfers said their longer irons and hybrids were the least used clubs in their bag. 27% of golfers said their lob wedge was used the least while 18% said their fairway woods were barely used.
Do any pros use a 1 iron?
” Called “Butterknife” by friends, “driving iron” by colleagues, and “cleek” by European counterparts, the 1-iron has enjoyed a long, fruitful career in professional golf. One of the most famous shots in golf is Ben Hogan’s 1-iron approach to the final green during the 1950 U.S. Open at Merion.
Can mid handicapper use blades?
Can a mid-handicapper use blades? Mid-handicappers can use blades; however, they may benefit more from using cavity-backs as they still provide excellent feel and control, without being as punishing on off-centre strikes.
Do any tour pros play cavity backs?
According to Titleist, 70% of tour players use cavity backs while 30% use blades. Cavity back irons provide increased forgiveness while blades offer more control and a better feel. Most of the newer guys all started with cavity backs so that’s what they’ve stuck to.
What shaft pros use?
True Temper’s Dynamic Golf steel shaft has been the most popular shaft on the PGA Tour, and according to the True Temper website, 90 percent of golfers in any particular tournament play True Temper shafts.
What clubs do Dustin Johnson use?
Dustin Johnson WITB 2022 (January)
- 3-wood: TaylorMade Stealth HL (16.5 degrees)
- 7-wood: TaylorMade SIM Max (21 degrees)
- Hybrid: TaylorMade Stealth Rescue 4 (22 degrees)
- Irons: TaylorMade P730 DJ Proto (4-PW)
- Wedges: TaylorMade MG (52-09SB @54 degrees, 60-10SB)
- Putter: TaylorMade Spider Limited Itsy Bitsy.
Which golf brand is best for irons?
Best Golf Irons – Best Golf Iron Sets
- Mizuno JPX921 Forged Irons. Best Aesthetics.
- Cobra Radspeed Irons. Best All-Round Value.
- TaylorMade SIM2 Max Irons. Best For Distance.
- Wilson Staff D9 Irons. Most Powerful Irons.
- Callaway Apex Pro Irons. Best For Low Handicappers.
- Ping G425 Irons.
- Titleist T200 Irons.
- TaylorMade P770 Irons.