For your first golf clubs, we recommend buying a beginner set of clubs that include a driver and 3-wood, odd-numbered irons (3, 5, 7, 9) and a putter. Apart from the basic decisions between men’s and women’s clubs and right or left-handed clubs, you might have a choice between steel and graphite shaft clubs.
How do I know what golf clubs to buy?
Understanding the basic guidelines for selecting new clubs will help you pick the set that’s right for you and your game.
- Determine your skill level.
- Choose the number of clubs you will want in your bag.
- Decide on your shaft flex.
- Choose your shaft length.
- Choose the clubhead for your irons.
Which golf irons should I buy?
Best Golf Irons – Best Golf Iron Sets
- Mizuno JPX921 Forged Irons. Best Aesthetics.
- Cobra Radspeed Irons. Best All-Round Value.
- TaylorMade SIM2 Max Irons. Best For Distance.
- Wilson Staff D9 Irons. Most Powerful Irons.
- Callaway Apex Pro Irons. Best For Low Handicappers.
- Ping G425 Irons.
- Titleist T200 Irons.
- TaylorMade P770 Irons.
What golf clubs should I carry?
Professional golfers generally carry: a driver, 3 wood, 5 wood, 4-PW, gap wedge, sand wedge, lob wedge, and a putter. Depending on the pro, these setups may change slightly, including the use of a driving iron, hybrid, or other longer club in place of one of the woods.
More Read also: What Golf Clubs Should I Carry? (Best solution)
What are a good set of golf clubs for beginners?
Best Golf Club Sets For Beginners
- Strata Men’s Golf Package Set. Best Driver.
- TaylorMade RBZ SpeedLite Package Set. Best Premium Choice.
- Inesis 100 Package Set.
- Callaway Golf Warbird 14 Piece Package Set.
- MACGREGOR CG3000 GOLF CLUB SET.
- Wilson Prostaff SGI Package Set.
- Rife RX2 Package Set.
- Cobra Fly XL Speed Package Set.
What irons do Tiger Woods use?
The clubs Tiger Woods used at the PNC Championship
- The clubs in Tiger’s bag for Team Woods second-place finish at the PNC Championship, below.
- 3-wood: TaylorMade Stealth Plus (15 degrees @13.5)
- Irons: TaylorMade P7TW (3-PW)
- Wedges: TaylorMade MG2 TW Grind (56-12, 60-11)
- Putter: Scotty Cameron GSS Newport 2.
What irons should a 12 handicap play?
Best Golf Irons for Mid Handicappers Review
- Cleveland Golf 2018 Men’s Launcher CBX Iron Set.
- TaylorMade Golf M5 Iron Set.
- TaylorMade Golf M6 Iron.
- Callaway Golf 2020 Mavrik Max Iron Set.
- TaylorMade M4 Combo (Hybrid/Iron) Set.
- TaylorMade Golf P790 Iron Set.
Are TaylorMade clubs good?
Given the quality of player TaylorMade has playing its equipment, it should come as no surprise that the brand makes some of the best golf clubs on the market, from drivers, all the way down to putters. Importantly, as we mentioned above, TaylorMade covers just about every level of player in its current range.
How do I choose my 14 clubs?
What are the right 14 clubs for you?
- 1 Close The Gaps. The biggest equipment mistake you can make is to have two clubs in your bag that go the same distance.
- 2 Dial Yourself In.
- 3 Confidence Is Key.
- 4 Wedge Focus.
- 5 Your Shot Saver.
- 6 Necessary Compromises.
What are the three most important golf clubs?
In Harvey Penick’s Little Red Book: Lessons and Teachings from a Lifetime in Golf, Harvey Penick said the three most important clubs, in order, are putter, driver and wedge.
How far should I be hitting a 6 iron?
You should hit a six iron about 150 yards. The average golfer gets just over 150 yards with their six-iron. Players with faster swing speed will get closer to 165 or even 170 with a six iron.
Also Interesting: How Far Should A 70 Year Old Man Hit A Golf Ball? (Correct answer)
How far does Tiger Woods hit a 7 iron?
How Far Does Tiger Woods Hit a 7 Iron? Tiger Woods is a legend of golf but on average, how long does he hit a 7 iron? Tiger hits his 7 irons approximately 172 yards. This is an average figure and there will times when Tiger hits the ball closer to 200 yards.
How far should a 70 year old man hit a golf ball?
A 70-year-old man should be hitting a driver anywhere from 180 to 190 yards. This number has grown a bit in the last few years with the introduction of improved driver and shaft technology. At 70 years old, some golfers are having no trouble getting the ball to fly 200 yards or more.
Why do I hit my 3 wood farther than my driver?
Players who hit their 3- or 5-wood as far or longer than their driver are typically using too little loft with the driver for their clubhead speed. You know, it’s a funny thing with the driver and its loft compared to the other clubs in the bag.