The best golf balls, in order of preference
- TaylorMade Tour Response. A premium ball for average players.
- Titleist Pro V1. The best golf ball for distance, but with short game control.
- Callaway Chrome Soft Golf Balls.
- Wilson Staff Model R.
- TaylorMade TP5x.
- OnCore Vero X1.
- Titleist AVX.
- Vice Pro Soft.
Which golf ball should I be playing?
- If you are starting out your journey in golf, a mid spin golf ball should be good enough for you. High spin golf balls are ideal for ball controlling on the greens. These balls produce more spin when players slice or create backspin.
How do I choose the right golf ball?
Understanding How to Pick a Golf Ball
- Find a golf ball type based on your skill level and personal preferences.
- Pick a golf ball construction type.
- Select the compression rating for your golf ball.
- Assess your overall golf game and weaknesses before making the final choice of golf ball.
What type of golf ball should I use for my swing speed?
Anything between 55 and 70 will be a good choice for your swing speed. 85-95 mph swing speed is fast enough to put a decent move on the ball so medium compression golf balls are an excellent choice.
What is the best golf ball for driving distance?
Best Distance Golf Balls
- Srixon Distance Golf Ball. Our pick.
- Callaway Warbird Golf Ball. Best for speed off the face.
- Titleist Velocity Golf Ball. High launch.
- Bridgestone e12 Contact Golf Ball.
- TaylorMade Distance + Golf Ball.
- Honma D1 Golf Ball.
- Wilson Tour Velocity Tour Distance Golf Ball.
- Pinnacle Rush Golf Ball.
Do golf balls matter for high handicappers?
Distance or feel? – The area of the game that higher handicap players usually need the most help is in getting the ball in the air and in terms of distance. Durability – Golf balls also have to be durable too especially for higher handicap players.
Which Pro V1 should I play?
If you’re looking for a softer feel, especially in the short game department – select the Pro V1. If you normally hit a high ball off the tee and don’t mind launching a little lower, the Pro V1 is again the answer. However, the low-ball hitter will definitely benefit from the Pro V1x.
Do softer golf balls go further?
Do Softer Golf Balls Go Further? As a general rule, soft low compression golf balls will travel further when you hit your driver and irons. With your wedges, soft and firm golf balls should travel the same distance.
What swing speed is needed for TP5x?
The TP5x is designed for high swing speeds with the driver. With a compression rating of 97, you should be swinging that driver around 105 mph or higher in order to get the most out of this golf ball. The lower spin rate on this ball helps control both sidespin and backspin.
What swing speed is needed for Pro V1?
The #1 ball in golf, the Pro V1 is a three-piece golf ball meant for swing speeds of 98-105 mph.
Are soft golf balls good for fast swing speed?
The Chrome Soft X has a lower compression of 90, taking it to the same level as the Pro V1. However, it features hexagonal dimples. Overall, this is a perfect golf ball for higher swing speeds. Additionally, this product is suitable for big bombers and tour golfers who prefer all-around performance.
Which golf ball goes the furthest?
Analyzing the individual ball statistics we can see that the Titleist Pro V1x averaged the farthest distance as well at 266.7 yards. Meanwhile, the Callaway Chrome Soft X averaged the shortest distance at only 259.3 yards. This results in a difference between the average maximum and minimum of only 7.4 yards.
Do matte golf balls go further?
Some golfers believe that matte finish golf balls spin fast in dry conditions but decrease their spinning capacity in wet conditions. However, the correct answer to whether matte golf balls spin more is that they do not.
Most Forgiving Golf Ball, Ranked
- #1 – TaylorMade Project (a) Golf Balls.
- #2 – Bridgestone e6 Golf Balls.
- #3 – Callaway Super Soft Golf Balls.
- #4 – Srixon Soft Feel Golf Balls.
- #5 – Titleist Tour Soft Golf Balls.
- FOR WOMEN – Bridgestone 2019 e6 Lady Golf Balls.
- Bridgestone e7 Golf Balls.
Do golf balls matter for beginners?
If a beginner is still learning how to make the correct contact with the ball, as well as how to chip and leave it relatively close to the hole, the ball won’t make a massive difference. 2-piece golf balls are ideal golf balls for a high-handicapper. Two-piece golf balls have harder shells and a sturdy core.
Are Noodle golf balls good?
Bottom line, if you’re looking for affordable, long distance and soft feel golf balls, durable and with increased spin around the greens, the TaylorMade Noodle Long and Soft are highly recommended.