The best golf balls, in order of preference
- TaylorMade Tour Response. A premium ball for average players.
- Titleist Pro V1. The best golf ball for distance, but with short game control.
- Callaway Chrome Soft Golf Balls.
- Wilson Staff Model R.
- TaylorMade TP5x.
- OnCore Vero X1.
- Titleist AVX.
- Vice Pro Soft.
- The Best Golf Ball 1 Wilson Ultra 500 Distance Golf Balls Both inexpensive and super effective, the Wilson Ultra 500 Distance balls are some of the best you can get your hands on and are available at an awesome price so you won’t feel the sting of losing them like you would with more expensive balls.
What is the #1 golf ball?
All Titleist golf balls embody superior performance, innovative design and technology, precision manufacturing, and unmatched quality. It is why Titleist is the unequivocal #1 ball in golf.
Which brand of golf ball goes the farthest?
The longest golf ball is the Titleist Velocity. This is a two piece ball that is built completely for distance and low ball spin from the tee. Titleist is known for having some of the best golf ball technology on the market, and the Velocity is no exception.
What golf ball do most pros use?
Titleist. Without a doubt, Titleist is the most widely played ball on the PGA Tour and they have more Top 50 players on their books than any other manufacturer. The latest stats show that 69% play a Titleist golf ball.
Are some golf balls better than others?
Softer golf balls are ideal for shots around the green. If you have a high golf handicap, the ball you choose to hit makes little difference. If you like a particular brand of golf ball or prefer one type of ball over another, you should use it regularly.
What is the most forgiving golf ball?
Most Forgiving Golf Ball, Ranked
- #1 – TaylorMade Project (a) Golf Balls.
- #2 – Bridgestone e6 Golf Balls.
- #3 – Callaway Super Soft Golf Balls.
- #4 – Srixon Soft Feel Golf Balls.
- #5 – Titleist Tour Soft Golf Balls.
- FOR WOMEN – Bridgestone 2019 e6 Lady Golf Balls.
- Bridgestone e7 Golf Balls.
Do soft golf balls go further?
Do Softer Golf Balls Go Further? As a general rule, soft low compression golf balls will travel further when you hit your driver and irons. With your wedges, soft and firm golf balls should travel the same distance.
Which golf balls go the straightest?
The straightest golf balls on the market are the Titleist Velocity golf balls. This is a two piece design that is well manufactured and allows for faster ball speeds and very straight flight technology. The next time you need a dozen golf balls, give the Titleist Velocity a try.
How far does the average 70 year old hit a golf ball?
A 70-year-old man should be hitting a driver anywhere from 180 to 190 yards. This number has grown a bit in the last few years with the introduction of improved driver and shaft technology. At 70 years old, some golfers are having no trouble getting the ball to fly 200 yards or more.
What is best golf ball for distance?
Best Distance Golf Balls
- Srixon Distance Golf Ball. Our pick.
- Callaway Warbird Golf Ball. Best for speed off the face.
- Titleist Velocity Golf Ball. High launch.
- Bridgestone e12 Contact Golf Ball.
- TaylorMade Distance + Golf Ball.
- Honma D1 Golf Ball.
- Wilson Tour Velocity Tour Distance Golf Ball.
- Pinnacle Rush Golf Ball.
Do any pros play vice?
They’re the balls used by the most Tour players, and are widely regarded as the gold standard in golf balls. But these days a lot of brands have caught up. I play Vice Pro Plus golf balls. They’re a fraction of the price of the Titleist’s and perform just as well (as you’ll read below).
What Srixon ball is like Pro V1?
The ball that most closely resembles the Pro V1x is the Srixon Z-Star XV. The balls above aren’t all identical to the Pro V1x but they should perform pretty similarly. They all have a compression rating around the same number, they all have a high amount of wedge spin, and are built for fast swing speeds.
What ball does Phil Mickelson use?
Phil Mickelson plays the Callaway Chrome Soft X golf ball.
Are more expensive golf balls worth it?
More expensive golf balls are worth it if you are the right player. Certainly, players will see no difference between a cheap ball and an expensive ball. If you can’t see or feel the difference, there is no reason to spend the extra money.
Does it matter what golf ball you use?
The quality of golf ball you use definitely matters and impacts on your game. But while premium golf balls do outperform cheaper brands, that’s not to say you can’t use cheaper golf balls when playing a round – especially if you’re a high handicapper, as less spin on your ball may be a good thing.
Do golf balls matter for average golfers?
Too many golfers just play whatever ball they find. This leads to inconsistency as, no matter your skill-level, different balls will act differently. Consistency is absolutely the most important thing in golf no matter how good you are.