How to Wire Lights to a Golf Cart: Step-by-Step Instructions
- Mount the Lights. Disconnect the chassis black wire from the negative battery terminal on your golf cart.
- Mount the Toggle Switch. Mount the toggle switch for the lights on the driver’s side of the dash.
- Wire the Lights.
- Secure the Wiring.
- Set the Toggle Switch.
How do you wire 12 volt lights on a 36 volt golf cart?
If you have a 36-volt electrical system then it is easy to ‘tap’ into 12-volts. Wire the ‘hot’ lead to a positive battery terminal and run the ground wire back to the negative battery terminal on the next battery over that is connected to the first one.
How do I put lights on a 48 volt golf cart?
How to wire lights on a 48-volt golf cart
- Select the appropriate lights. Choose a light kit that is suitable for your golf cart.
- Mark and locate the light fixing area. Park the cart and disconnect the battery.
- Screw in your headlights.
- Plugin the headlights.
- Turn on the headlights.
How do you hook up a 12 volt outlet to a golf cart?
How to Install a 12-Volt Adapter for a Golf Cart
- Open the engine bay of the golf cart.
- Locate a 12-volt battery.
- Connect the negative wire from the converter to the ground (negative) terminal on the battery.
- Connect the positive wire from the converter to the positive terminal on the battery.
Where can I find 12 volts on a 48 volt golf cart?
Touch the red probe to the positive terminal of the battery and the black probe to the negative terminal. Read the voltage from the meter display. A reading around 10 to 14 volts comes from a 12-volt battery. Attach terminal connectors to two insulated wires and then connect one wire to each terminal on the battery.
Does my golf cart need a voltage reducer?
Most golf cart owners will need a voltage reducer if they plan on running any accessories such as lighting or a radio. Anything that runs on 12 volts will require a voltage reducer on an electric golf cart to reduce the voltage from 36, 48, or 72 volts to 12 volts. This is where a voltage reducer is needed.
How do you put Christmas lights on a golf cart?
Plug the electrical plug into the 12v socket if your golf cart has a normal AC outlet. If your golf cart has a DC outlet (the cigarette lighter outlet) then pull the lighter plug out and put in the DC to AC converter plug. Then plug the LED Christmas light plug into the 12v socket on the inverter plug.