Tighten the governor spring located in the engine of most golf carts to adjust your cart’s top speed. 90% of EZ Go Carts have simple springs which limit the speed of the engine. To raise the top speed of your golf cart, all you need to do is locate this spring and tighten it slightly.
How can I make my gas ezgo golf cart faster?
One way to increase the speed of EZ Go golf carts is to incorporate an octane booster when you fill the tank. The cart will have more pick-up, and it could gain as much as 5 mph. A different approach is to take out the throttle linkage governor on the carburetor.
How do you adjust the governor on a EZ Go golf cart?
How to Adjust the Governor on a Gas E-Z-Go Golf Cart
- Locate the governor arm mounted on top of the rear axle case underneath the cart.
- Loosen the adjusting locknut on the end of the governor spring.
- Retighten the adjusting locknut.
How can I get more power from my gas golf cart?
6 Ways You Can Make a Golf Cart Faster
- Add More Torque to Your Golf Cart.
- Upgrade Your Golf Cart’s Motor.
- Improve the High-Speed Controller of the Cart.
- Add Better Golf Cart Tires.
- Use a Higher Powered Golf Cart Battery.
- Watch the Weight in Your Golf Cart.
How do you remove the speed limiter on a EZ Go golf cart?
- Detach the cable from the carburetor. The cable is about the width of a straw.
- Follow the disconnected cable up to the governor.
- Disconnect the gas pedal cable from the governor and reroute it to the carburetor.
- Using your wrench, remove the bolt on the gas pedal shaft.
Is 30 mph fast for a golf cart?
What is the Average Golf Cart Speed? The average top speed of a typical golf cart without any upgrades is between 12 and 14 miles per hour. Without any sort of modification or upgrade on a golf cart, the top speed that you will be getting on a golf cart is about 14mph.
How fast is a ezgo gas golf cart?
The fastest gasoline Club Car only goes 19 mph. And the fastest electric EZGO is the 2Five that goes 25 mph. And the fastest EZGO gasoline golf cart also only goes 19 mph.
How do I speed up my electric EZ Go golf cart?
Increasing the speed of your EZ Go golf cart can be done by reprograming your speed control at the dealer, upgrading your batteries, motor, or replacing your speed control. Upgrading these can increase your typical speed from 12 MPH to 19.5 mph or above depending on your modifications.
How do I adjust my EZ GO carburetor?
2 Cycle engine: The adjustment screw is on the side of the carburetor and is parallel to the ground. You can identify it by the lock nut at the base of the screw. Loosen this and turn the screw all the way into a soft seat, then back it out one and a half (1-1/2) turns.
Where is the governor on a ezgo golf cart?
The engine is in the front of golf carts, underneath this panel. Take off the plastic cover and set it aside with the seats. Follow the thickest cable coming from the gas pedal until your find a small spring wrapped around a metal rod. This is the governor.
Do gas golf carts have alternators?
Most golf carts run on lead-acid batteries (although this is changing), much like other normal vehicles do. Moreover, the battery for a cart does not recharge itself as the vehicle runs like batteries in cars do ( cars have alternators ).
How can I make my 36v golf cart go faster?
How to Make a 36 Volt Golf Cart Faster
- Remove any unnecessary additions, racks or parts on your golf cart.
- Power-wash your cart.
- Check the shaft under the ignition pedal.
- Put larger tires on the cart.
- Replace any old or worn-out parts that are causing the cart to move slower than it should.
Why is my gas golf cart running slow?
Low Battery Usually, the most common reason golf carts slow down is when they don’t get enough power output from the battery. If the battery pack charge is very low and your cart is out of power, your cart will run slow.
How can I make my gas club car faster?
Increase the RPM An increase in the input shaft rpm for all differential ratios will produce a higher speed. For a gas golf cart, other than adjusting the governor, the speed may be enhanced by replacing the engine with a higher rpm output model.