6 Ways You Can Make a Golf Cart Faster
- Add More Torque to Your Golf Cart.
- Upgrade Your Golf Cart’s Motor.
- Improve the High-Speed Controller of the Cart.
- Add Better Golf Cart Tires.
- Use a Higher Powered Golf Cart Battery.
- Watch the Weight in Your Golf Cart.
Can you speed up an electric golf cart?
First of all, you should know that there are two ways that electric golf carts can gain speed: a Series system and a Shunt system. You need to upgrade parts like your golf cart’s controller, cables, motor, forward and reverse switches, and solenoid.
How can I make my electric golf cart go faster without upgrading?
How to Make an Electric Golf Cart Faster Without Upgrades
- Wash Your Cart Properly.
- Inspect the Batteries.
- Refill the Battery Water.
- Check the Gas Pedal and Linkage.
- Measure the Tire Pressure.
- Charge Up Your Battery Unit.
- Lighten Up Your Cart’s Weight.
How can I make my golf cart gas faster?
Increase the RPM An increase in the input shaft rpm for all differential ratios will produce a higher speed. For a gas golf cart, other than adjusting the governor, the speed may be enhanced by replacing the engine with a higher rpm output model.
How can I speed up my 36 volt golf cart?
How to Make a 36 Volt Golf Cart Faster
- Remove any unnecessary additions, racks or parts on your golf cart.
- Power-wash your cart.
- Check the shaft under the ignition pedal.
- Put larger tires on the cart.
- Replace any old or worn-out parts that are causing the cart to move slower than it should.
How do I make my EZ Go golf cart go faster?
One way to increase the speed of EZ Go golf carts is to incorporate an octane booster when you fill the tank. The cart will have more pick-up, and it could gain as much as 5 mph. A different approach is to take out the throttle linkage governor on the carburetor.
How do you adjust the governor on a golf cart?
If you find this rod, then your governor can be easily adjusted by accessing the cart’s inner workings. Simply adjust the cable coming from this metal protrusion, turning the nut counterclockwise to make the cable longer, effectively adjusting the cart’s governance to increase the overall speed.
How do you take the governor off a Club Car golf cart?
Look behind the governor to find a small metal rod that’s permanently attached to the club car and stretch your rubber band enough to connect it to that metal rod. Screw the plastic plate back in place. Once the plate is back in place, the governor is disabled.
How fast can a 48V golf cart go?
Standard 36V and 48V golf carts are capable of the same top-end speed (12MPH). You can, however, make your golf cart go faster by doing a couple of things: Larger Tires – You can purchase larger tires. The larger the diameter of the wheels, the faster your golf cart will go.
Is 30 mph fast for a golf cart?
What is the Average Golf Cart Speed? The average top speed of a typical golf cart without any upgrades is between 12 and 14 miles per hour. Without any sort of modification or upgrade on a golf cart, the top speed that you will be getting on a golf cart is about 14mph.
Why is my gas golf cart slow?
Low Battery Usually, the most common reason golf carts slow down is when they don’t get enough power output from the battery. If the battery pack charge is very low and your cart is out of power, your cart will run slow.
Speed and performance: A gas cart can run up to 18 – 20 mph and there are not many speed upgrades you can do to one. In addition, electric carts will get up to top speed faster as well.
How do you adjust the governor on a EZ GO TXT gas golf cart?
How to Adjust the Governor on a Gas E-Z-Go Golf Cart
- Locate the governor arm mounted on top of the rear axle case underneath the cart.
- Loosen the adjusting locknut on the end of the governor spring.
- Retighten the adjusting locknut.