Here are the best strategies to help you sell golf clubs in 2020 and beyond.
- eBay. Arguably one of the best and oldest ways to sell your golf clubs online is good old eBay.
- 2nd Swing Golf.
- Trade-In Programs.
- Social Media.
- Your Golfing Buddies (or Country Club)
- Pawn Shops.
Does anyone want old golf clubs?
There are plenty of places to donate your unbroken used equipment. Charitable organizations such as Goodwill, The Salvation Army, Savers, and a host of others accept such equipment and sell them in their stores.
How much do old golf clubs sell for?
According to GolfWeek, the most valuable antique golf clubs can sell for as much as $80,000 at auction. However, it’s not at all common to see this type of value. Most individual clubs sell for between $15 and $100 at auction or in resale shops.
Are old golf irons worth anything?
Golf equipment is no different from furniture, rare wine and Chinese porcelain: old is often better then new —and a lot more valuable. Many clubs produced as recently as the 1950s and ’60s are considered “classics.” Some are worth $1,000 a set, and the right kind of sand wedge can bring $500 or more all by itself.
Can you scrap golf clubs?
During both the winter and summer months there are a few popular sports that require metal equipment that can be scrapped. Golf Clubs – The irons, are ironically often made from titanium or stainless steel shafts. Only the heads are made from iron. Those poles are usually made from aluminum and can be scrapped.
What were old golf clubs?
There were clubs called mashies and niblicks (and mashie-niblicks); cleeks and jiggers; baffies and spoons, among others. Today, we call such clubs “antique golf clubs” or “historical golf clubs,” or obsolete or archaic clubs. Perhaps the better name, though, would be “pre-modern clubs.”
Can you pawn old golf clubs?
A pawn shop will pay you between 20-40% of the Golf club’s used eBay value, which is anywhere between $200-$2000 depending on the Golf club’s brand and quality. Unless the pawnshop specializes in sports it could be hard selling used inexpensive clubs.
What are the most valuable vintage golf clubs?
The Most Expensive Golf Clubs Ever Sold at Auction
- Andrew Dickson Putter -$181,000.
- Simon-Cossar Fruitwood Metal Headed Blade Putter -$165,000.
- Square Toe Lined Iron Golf Club – $151,000.
- Golden Putter First Lady Special Edition – $150,000.
- Long Nosed Scarped Golf Club – $91,000.
What are the most valuable golf clubs?
The Top 10 Most Expensive Golf Clubs in the World
- Honma Golf’s Five Star – $5,400.
- Adams Golf Tight Lies Spin Control – $8,500.
- Gemspot OM 5 Deluxe Diamond – $10,000.
- Titleist Scotty Cameron Tiger Woods Stainless Masters Winner – $20,000.
- Palmer Patent Fork Shaft Wood – $49,000.
- Long Nose Scraped Golf Club – $91,000.
What happens to old golf clubs?
Golf clubs are made out of recyclable metal that can be melted down and used to make new items. The best ways to get rid of old clubs are to either sell them, donate them or recycle them.
What do you do with a broken golf club?
Give to Kids to play with for a miniture golf course in your yard or local park.
- 5.) Use as a dowel for wall hangings.
- 6.) Make Bottle Openers.
- 7.) Make Art.
- Jeff Diamond Transforming Old Golf Clubs Into Sculptural Art.
- 14.) Make a Golf Club Lamp.
- 15.) Make a Chair.
What kind of metal are golf clubs?
Golf clubs have been improved and the shafts are now made of steel, titanium, other types of metals or carbon fiber. The shaft is a tapered steel tube or a series of stepped steel tubes in telescopic fashion. This has improved the accuracy of golfers. The grips of the clubs are made from leather or rubber.