Price also is a serious consideration.
- Determine which type of irons are right for your game. There are three types — player’s irons, game-improvement irons and super game-improvement irons.
- Determine your price range.
- Choose the right shaft flex.
- Try out various irons.
- Custom tailor your irons.
How do I choose golf irons?
Understanding the basic guidelines for selecting new clubs will help you pick the set that’s right for you and your game.
- Determine your skill level.
- Choose the number of clubs you will want in your bag.
- Decide on your shaft flex.
- Choose your shaft length.
- Choose the clubhead for your irons.
How do I find the right golf clubs for me?
A good rule of thumb in choosing the right flex is how far you can hit a driver on the fly. If you hit it 180 yards or less, buy Senior flex. If you hit it 20 yards farther, pick Ladies. And if you can hit the ball 225 to 250 yards, you’re ready for Normal flex shafts.
How do I match my golf clubs to my height?
Using the ratio of every 6″ of height there should be a 1″ change in length then there should be a 1 ½” difference between their 5-irons. For example, recommend 36.5″ for the lady and 38″ for the man (or 36.75″ / 38.25″).
How far should you hit a 7 iron?
What Distance Does the Average Golfer Hit a 7 Iron? A standard amateur golfer can hit a 7 iron from 128 yards to 158 yards. The lower range will be for women and senior golfers. To hit the ball over 150 yards in total distance with a 7 iron club, an amateur golfer will have to have a good swing and be physically fit.
What are the easiest golf irons to hit?
Best Irons for Beginners and High Handicappers
- Cleveland Launcher HB Turbo Irons.
- TaylorMade Sim 2 Max Irons.
- Callaway Big Bertha B21 Irons.
- Mizuno JPX 921 Hot Metal Irons.
- Cobra F-MAX Airspeed Combo Irons.
- Callaway Men’s Strata Ultimate Complete Golf Set.
- Wilson Golf Profile SGI Men’s Complete Golf Set.
What golf clubs should I buy first?
For your first golf clubs, we recommend buying a beginner set of clubs that include a driver and 3-wood, odd-numbered irons (3, 5, 7, 9) and a putter. Apart from the basic decisions between men’s and women’s clubs and right or left-handed clubs, you might have a choice between steel and graphite shaft clubs.
What irons for a 10 handicap?
Best Irons For A 10 Handicap – 2021 Buyers Guide
- Ping G425 Irons.
- Taylormade Sim2 Max Irons.
- Titleist T300 Irons.
- Callaway Mavrik Irons.
- Mizuno JPX 921 Forged Irons.
- Cobra King Speedzone Irons – Standard Length.
- Cobra King Speedzone – Single Length Irons.
What irons should a 12 handicap play?
Best Golf Irons for Mid Handicappers Review
- Cleveland Golf 2018 Men’s Launcher CBX Iron Set.
- TaylorMade Golf M5 Iron Set.
- TaylorMade Golf M6 Iron.
- Callaway Golf 2020 Mavrik Max Iron Set.
- TaylorMade M4 Combo (Hybrid/Iron) Set.
- TaylorMade Golf P790 Iron Set.
What Ping irons are for me?
Which PING Iron Should You Play?
- Blueprint. 5 or lower. • High swing speed golfers who already hit the ball far, 105 mph swing speed with the driver.
- i500. 5 or lower. • Experienced golfers who love soft, forged feel and appreciates the look of a blade.
- i210. 5 to 15.
- G410. 10 or higher.
- G700. 15 or higher.
What is the standard club length?
Many years ago, the standard club length for drivers was 43”. Today it is 45”, and some manufacturers have even gone to 45 1/2” as their norm.
What is a 8-iron used for?
The 8 and 9 irons are commonly called the “short irons”. They have the highest-mass clubheads and the shortest shafts of the numbered irons, and are used for shots requiring high loft or moderate to short distance (typically between 130 and 150 yards with a full swing).
How far do PGA pros hit their irons?
According the Leaderboard website, PGA Tour players’ average 4-iron shots travel 210 to 220 yards (including the roll). They can hit 5-iron shots 195 to 205 yards; 6-iron shots 180 to 190 yards; 7-iron shots 165 to 180 yards; 8-iron shots 150 to 170 yards; and 9-iron shots 140 to 155 yards.