Driver loft, which typically ranges from 8.5° to 15°, should match your swing speed. The slower your swing speed the more loft you should have. If your average swing speed is between 80 and 90 mph (the average for most male golfers) you should be using a driver with about 10.5° to 12° of loft.
How do I choose a beginner driver?
What should beginners look for in a driver?
- Shaft Length. A driver will generally be the longest club in your bag.
- Material. Material has advanced in recent years and there is a range of options available.
- Adjustability. This is a great feature to have provided you know how to use it.
How do you size a golf driver?
Simply hold your golf club at 45 degrees to the ground or as in your playing position. At this point take a golf club ruler or take measure and place under the sole of the club. Measure to butt of grip. This will give you you an accurate and USGA standard for measuring your golf driver.
What is the easiest golf driver to hit straight?
While they rolled out three new models (Mavrik Standard, Mavrik Max, and Mavrik Sub Zero), we’ll focus on the Mavrik Max as it’s made for higher handicap golfers who want to hit it straighter. This is one of the drivers that made the 2020 Golf Digest Hot List and is their easiest to hit driver ever (at the time).
What is the easiest driver to hit 2021?
5 of the MOST FORGIVING new drivers money can buy in 2021
- PING G245 MAX DRIVER.
- COBRA RADSPEED XB DRIVER.
- TAYLORMADE SIM2 DRIVER.
- CALLAWAY EPIC MAX DRIVER.
- SRIXON ZX7 DRIVER.
What size driver do I need?
LENGTH. The driver is the longest club in your bag. Men’s drivers tend to measure between 45 and 48 inches, while women’s drivers are typically between 43 or 44 inches. The size used depends on how a golfer feels in terms of overall control.
What length driver should I use?
Final Thoughts on Driver Shaft Length Remember, the average driver standard length is 45 inches for men and 44 inches for women (off the rack). With a shorter shaft can help with the right clubhead, you can make magic off the tee and start to shoot consistently lower scores.
How long should my driver shaft be for my height?
The Tall and Short of It For example, if you are 6-feet tall and your wrist-to-floor measurement is 35 inches, a standard length driver — 44 inches for a steel shaft driver and 45 inches for a graphite shaft driver — would be appropriate.
Whats the best driver in 2021?
Best drivers of 2021 for every budget and handicap
- Ben Hogan GS53 Max – $390.
- Callaway Epic Speed, Epic Max, Epic Max LS – $529.99.
- Cobra RadSpeed, RadSpeed XB, RadSpeed XD – $449.
- Mizuno ST-Z, ST-X – $399.95.
- Ping G425 Max, G425 LST, G425 SFT – $499.99.
- PXG 0211 – $199.99.
- PXG 0811 GEN4 X, 0811 GEN4 XT, 0811 GEN4 XF – $399.
What is the best tee height for a driver?
From a poll of GOLF’s Top 100 Teachers, the ideal tee height is about 1.5 inches for driver. A good checkpoint is that half the ball “peeks” above the crown after you sole the club at address. For a 3-wood, peg it about half an inch and just a quarter inch with an iron.
Which driver is most forgiving?
Most Forgiving Drivers
- TaylorMade SIM2 Max Driver. Will Suit Wide Range Of Players.
- Ping G425 Max Driver. Powerful And Forgiving.
- Titleist TSi2 Driver. Excellent Adjustability.
- Callaway Epic Max Driver. Performance Across The Face.
- Cobra Radspeed XB Driver.
- Mizuno ST-Z Driver.
- Srixon ZX5 Driver.
- Honma T//World GS Driver.
Is a 12 degree driver easier to hit?
A 12-degree loft driver has a loft angle of 12 degrees, to put it simply. It gives players a little higher launch off the tee so they can get more distance. Based on your swing type, you may benefit from a 12-degree loft driver because, for some players, it is easier to hit it more accurately and gain more distance.
What loft should a beginner driver be?
For a beginner golfer, the ideal loft on a golf driver should be 10.5 degrees minimum.