Which clubs should you carry in your golf bag?
- Golf clubs. The most common clubs to find in a golfer’s bag are the driver, 3-wood, numbered irons from 3 to 9 (with hybrids commonly replacing the 3 and 4 iron), pitching and sand wedges, and a putter. Players commonly also carry a 5-wood, and/or additional wedges such as a gap or lob wedge.
How do I sort my golf clubs?
Arranging Clubs in a Golf Bag
- The first thing that you need to do is identify the type of golf bag you have.
- Keep the longest clubs on the back part of the bag.
- Always arrange clubs from left to right.
- Then arrange the irons in the next row.
- If there is a separate place for putter in your bag, there is not a problem.
How do you set a 14 way golf bag?
We would suggest arranging these in the front row of your bag, from left to right. Start with the pitching wedge first, then the gap, sand, and finally, the lob. The lob wedge should end up in the front right corner of your 14-slot golf bag.
How do you arrange clubs in a 14 divider bag?
A 14 slot golf bag has a divider for each club you should place each club in each slot, starting with your driver at the top, followed by your hybrids, then your irons, wedges, and putter. 14-slot golf bags are undoubtedly the best and easiest club bags you can use to organize your clubs.
How do you arrange golf clubs in a 14 divider stand bag?
You need to place the first 3-4 short irons on the slots. You could also put them on the pockets below and also on the right side of the bag. For instance, you could get the 6, 7, 8, and 9 irons. These ones are perfect for the slots and pockets below on the right of your bag.
Why do golf bags have 15 dividers?
The purpose of any golf bag divider system is to keep your clubs organized and easy to access, they are also designed to hopefully prevent your clubs from banging against each other and reduce chatter. This was a big selling feature for those that carried multiple clubs with covers.
How do you organize a 4 way golf bag?
In a classic 4-way top bag the ideal split will be: Two woods and a hybrid (or long iron) in the top, three irons middle right, three irons middle left and four short irons in the wide bottom.
How do you organize a 4 slot golf bag?
How to Organize A 4 Slot Golf Bag
- Driver / fairway woods at the top.
- Long irons stored in the center-left.
- Then mid and short irons go into the center-right section.
- And lastly, wedges + putter in the bottom.
How many towels should be in a golf bag?
How Many Towels Should Be in a Golf Bag? We recommend that you carry at least one towel in your bag, if not two. One will be enough for the primary purpose: keeping your equipment free of debris. A second is advisable for additional tasks, such as wiping sweat, keeping your grips dry, and cleaning your bag or shoes.
Where does the putter go in golf bag?
Place your putter in the front-most section (unless a separate sleeve is provided) and your ball retriever (if you carry one) in the center section.