- Open Google Earth and zoom into the golf course that you are making the yardage book of. Use the ruler function (make sure you set to yards) to measure distances from the back of the tee box to important points. (distinct tree’s in fairway, sprinkler heads, hazards, green depth)You can get as detailed as you wish.
How do you make a golf yardage book?
Table of contents
- Yardage book background and information.
- What you will need.
- Find your course.
- Screenshot images of each hole.
- Create a map of each hole and features.
- Add in the yardage book distances.
- Export your hole maps for printing.
- Printing and binding your yardage book.
What do you put in a yardage book?
What is a Yardage Book?
- Hole number and layout.
- Total distance from each tee box.
- Distance to hazards and fairway bunkers.
- Distances from the fairway/rough based on sprinkler heads.
- An overview of the green, including green depth/size and tiers.
Are yardage books legal?
It is important to note, that Yardage & Greens Book are still LEGAL. All of the products that we sell and promote are LEGAL under the USGA and R&A’s requirement. Do not go over 4.25″x 7″ (or 3/8″ equaling 5 yards of the green) in your homemade yardage books or you’ll also potentially risk a penalty or DQ.
How do pro golfers know yardage?
To know the course’s exact distances and dimensions, professionals rely on a tour caddie yardage book. Golf yardage books are detailed guides that pros and their caddies use to navigate the course during play.
How do you measure the distance of a golf ball?
How to Calculate How Far I Hit the Golf Ball
- Take your tee shot as per normal, and then find your ball and stand directly beside it.
- Turn on the range finder, hold its sight to your eye and aim it directly at the flagstick.
- Subtract the distance to the flagstick from the total yardage of the hole.
How big is a yardage book?
Yardage books are usually are similar in size to a 3.5 by 5.5-inch field notes pad. However, some yardage books might get as big a standard 8.5 by 11-inch note pad, especially if the course chooses to place large advertisements within.
How far does Tiger hit a 5 wood?
Whether you are content with your five iron distances or not, it can still be interesting to see how far the pros are hitting their clubs. Tiger Woods can hit a five iron over two hundred yards. Most of the time, he hits it about 210 yards.
Do golf pros use rangefinders?
While professional golfers still cannot use rangefinders in most competitions, they do use them during practice.