6 Ways You Can Make a Golf Cart Faster
- Add More Torque to Your Golf Cart.
- Upgrade Your Golf Cart’s Motor.
- Improve the High-Speed Controller of the Cart.
- Add Better Golf Cart Tires.
- Use a Higher Powered Golf Cart Battery.
- Watch the Weight in Your Golf Cart.
How can I make my electric golf cart go faster without upgrading?
How to Make an Electric Golf Cart Faster Without Upgrades
- Wash Your Cart Properly.
- Inspect the Batteries.
- Refill the Battery Water.
- Check the Gas Pedal and Linkage.
- Measure the Tire Pressure.
- Charge Up Your Battery Unit.
- Lighten Up Your Cart’s Weight.
Can you make electric golf carts faster?
First of all, you should know that there are two ways that electric golf carts can gain speed: a Series system and a Shunt system. You need to upgrade parts like your golf cart’s controller, cables, motor, forward and reverse switches, and solenoid.
Is there a governor on electric golf carts?
Considering electric golf carts don’t have governors like gas powered carts, the old-school method of simply removing the governor is not an option.
How can I make my golf cart gas faster?
Increase the RPM An increase in the input shaft rpm for all differential ratios will produce a higher speed. For a gas golf cart, other than adjusting the governor, the speed may be enhanced by replacing the engine with a higher rpm output model.
Is 30 mph fast for a golf cart?
What is the Average Golf Cart Speed? The average top speed of a typical golf cart without any upgrades is between 12 and 14 miles per hour. Without any sort of modification or upgrade on a golf cart, the top speed that you will be getting on a golf cart is about 14mph.
How fast can a 48V golf cart go?
Standard 36V and 48V golf carts are capable of the same top-end speed (12MPH). You can, however, make your golf cart go faster by doing a couple of things: Larger Tires – You can purchase larger tires. The larger the diameter of the wheels, the faster your golf cart will go.
How do I speed up my EZ GO TXT electric golf cart?
Increasing the speed of your EZ Go golf cart can be done by reprograming your speed control at the dealer, upgrading your batteries, motor, or replacing your speed control. Upgrading these can increase your typical speed from 12 MPH to 19.5 mph or above depending on your modifications.
How can I speed up my 36 volt golf cart?
How to Make a 36 Volt Golf Cart Faster
- Remove any unnecessary additions, racks or parts on your golf cart.
- Power-wash your cart.
- Check the shaft under the ignition pedal.
- Put larger tires on the cart.
- Replace any old or worn-out parts that are causing the cart to move slower than it should.