6 Ways You Can Make a Golf Cart Faster
- Add More Torque to Your Golf Cart.
- Upgrade Your Golf Cart’s Motor.
- Improve the High-Speed Controller of the Cart.
- Add Better Golf Cart Tires.
- Use a Higher Powered Golf Cart Battery.
- Watch the Weight in Your Golf Cart.
How can I make my 36 volt club car faster?
How to Make a 36 Volt Golf Cart Faster
- Remove any unnecessary additions, racks or parts on your golf cart.
- Power-wash your cart.
- Check the shaft under the ignition pedal.
- Put larger tires on the cart.
- Replace any old or worn-out parts that are causing the cart to move slower than it should.
Can you make an electric golf cart go faster?
First of all, you should know that there are two ways that electric golf carts can gain speed: a Series system and a Shunt system. You need to upgrade parts like your golf cart’s controller, cables, motor, forward and reverse switches, and solenoid.
How can I make my electric golf cart go faster without upgrading?
How to Make an Electric Golf Cart Faster Without Upgrades
- Wash Your Cart Properly.
- Inspect the Batteries.
- Refill the Battery Water.
- Check the Gas Pedal and Linkage.
- Measure the Tire Pressure.
- Charge Up Your Battery Unit.
- Lighten Up Your Cart’s Weight.
How do you take the governor off a club car?
Look behind the governor to find a small metal rod that’s permanently attached to the club car and stretch your rubber band enough to connect it to that metal rod. Screw the plastic plate back in place. Once the plate is back in place, the governor is disabled.
How fast is a 36 volt golf cart? Without any upgrades, you can plan on max speeds between 12-14 mph.
Is 30 mph fast for a golf cart?
What is the Average Golf Cart Speed? The average top speed of a typical golf cart without any upgrades is between 12 and 14 miles per hour. Without any sort of modification or upgrade on a golf cart, the top speed that you will be getting on a golf cart is about 14mph.
A 36 volt golf cart is adequate for 2 to 4 passenger use when you are primarily using it on flat a flat surface. The average drive time or range for a 36 volt DC system is about 30 miles on a full charge.
How fast can a 48V golf cart go?
Standard 36V and 48V golf carts are capable of the same top-end speed (12MPH). You can, however, make your golf cart go faster by doing a couple of things: Larger Tires – You can purchase larger tires. The larger the diameter of the wheels, the faster your golf cart will go.
How do I get more power from my electric golf cart?
Change the Speed ControllerThe Speed Controller regulates the electric output of the motor; a higher voltage equals more RPM, and the faster your cart will travel. When you change the speed controller, you can reduce the voltage and increase the amperage of the motor, resulting in increased torque.