5 Best Golf Swing Tips To Increase Your Swing Speed Quickly
- Physical fitness: Your overall strength and the range of motion will significantly affect your goal swing speed.
- Club fitting:
- Focus on rotation:
- Use your wrist as a Lever:
- Hit it free:
- Put some lag:
- Use speed training tools:
Why is my golf swing speed so slow?
If your swing speed is slow, it could be because your golf clubs are too heavy for you. Graphite golf clubs almost always weigh less than steel-shafted clubs. You will notice that most people can swing their drivers much faster than their irons. Drivers are distance producing golf clubs that are built to be swung fast.
The average male amateur’s swing speed is 93.4 miles per hour, according to research by TrackMan, for an average distance of 214 yards. Using TrackMan’s ‘optimal’ distance, the average golfer’s potential is 255 yards at that same swing speed.
How can I increase my swing speed without losing accuracy?
4 Ways To Create More Clubhead Speed Without Losing Accuracy
- Relax your arms and shoulders.
- Stay centered over the golf ball.
- Be aggressive through the hitting area.
- Stretch before and after your round of golf.
Is 80 mph a slow swing speed?
The average PGA Tour professional swings over 110 miles per hour and carries a driver at least 275 yards, according to Golf Spyder. Though a swing speed of 80 mph is on the low end, you can still maximize your distance and lower your scores by choosing the correct equipment.
How fast do pros swing a 7 iron?
According to TrackMan statistics, the average 7-iron clubhead speed on the PGA Tour is 90 mph. The average male recreational golfer, on the other hand, swings the same club at closer to 75 mph, which is why he hits his 7-iron about 140 yards, compared with 170 to 180 yards for the Tour guys.
How much can you increase your swing speed?
Roughly, for every extra 1 mph faster you swing the club, you can increase your driver distance by 3 yards. On the PGA Tour, the highest recorded club head speed is current 138 mph (Bryson Dechambeau, 2021 season) and the best 10 years ago was 127 mph (Bubba Watson, 2010 season—note Bubba’s 2021 best is 123 mph).
How can I test my swing speed at home?
There only truly accurate way to find out your swing speed is to measure it on a launch monitor as you hit balls out onto a range. Male tour professionals swing in the 115-120 mph range while average amateurs fall closer to the 80-85mph range.
What exercises help your golf swing?
10 Best Exercises to Improve Your Golf Game
- Seated Rotations. Why you should do it: These will improve your rotational mobility, a key component of the golf swing.
- Standing Ys.
- 90/90 Stretch.
- Lateral Pillar Bridge.
- Medicine Ball Parallel Throw.
- Medicine Ball Perpendicular Throw.
- Physioball Pushup.
How do you swing faster and not harder in golf?
How to Swing a Golf Club Faster
- Learn this fact: Gravity is enough to help you develop clubhead speed. Several years ago, Dr.
- Watch good players swing.
- Relax your body, especially your arms.
- Focus on swing rhythm.
- Practice swinging as quickly as you can while you stay relaxed and keep your rhythm.
Does the Orange Whip increase swing speed?
The original Orange Whip Trainer was designed to synchronize your golf swing and the new Orange Whip LightSpeed was designed specifically to increase your clubhead speed while maintaining control. It’s the perfect combination of power and accuracy.
Does SuperSpeed golf really work?
The Superspeed Golf training system made our list for the best golf training aids for a reason… it really works! If you’re looking to add more distance to your entire game, this is one of the best devices for you. According to their website, over 600 Tour pros are using the SuperSpeed Golf training system!