How to Wire Lights to a Golf Cart: Step-by-Step Instructions
- Mount the Lights. Disconnect the chassis black wire from the negative battery terminal on your golf cart.
- Mount the Toggle Switch. Mount the toggle switch for the lights on the driver’s side of the dash.
- Wire the Lights.
- Secure the Wiring.
- Set the Toggle Switch.
How do you hook up a 12 volt outlet to a golf cart?
How to Install a 12-Volt Adapter for a Golf Cart
- Open the engine bay of the golf cart.
- Locate a 12-volt battery.
- Connect the negative wire from the converter to the ground (negative) terminal on the battery.
- Connect the positive wire from the converter to the positive terminal on the battery.
How do you wire 12 volt lights on a 36 volt golf cart?
If you have a 36-volt electrical system then it is easy to ‘tap’ into 12-volts. Wire the ‘hot’ lead to a positive battery terminal and run the ground wire back to the negative battery terminal on the next battery over that is connected to the first one.
How do you get 12 volts from a 48 volt system?
Attach terminal connectors to two insulated wires and then connect one wire to each terminal on the battery. Depending on the type of terminal, tighten the terminals using a wrench or screwdriver. Run the wires to the location where you need a 12-volt supply. Attach a switch to the wire from the positive terminal.
What voltage are golf cart lights?
Brake lights, tail lights, turn signals, horns, headlights, radios, GPS and similar accessories on your golf cart use 12-volts. But, most golf carts have either four 12-volt batteries, six 8-volt batteries or eight 6-volt batteries which are considered 48 volt system golf carts.