Understanding How to Pick a Golf Ball
- Find a golf ball type based on your skill level and personal preferences.
- Pick a golf ball construction type.
- Select the compression rating for your golf ball.
- Assess your overall golf game and weaknesses before making the final choice of golf ball.
Does it matter what golf ball I use?
The quality of golf ball you use definitely matters and impacts on your game. Higher quality, more expensive golf balls generally have a urethane cover, leading to greater ‘feel’ and spin control. Premium balls will usually perform longer and hold greens more consistently, helping you shoot lower scores.
What is the most forgiving golf ball?
Most Forgiving Golf Ball, Ranked
- #1 – TaylorMade Project (a) Golf Balls.
- #2 – Bridgestone e6 Golf Balls.
- #3 – Callaway Super Soft Golf Balls.
- #4 – Srixon Soft Feel Golf Balls.
- #5 – Titleist Tour Soft Golf Balls.
- FOR WOMEN – Bridgestone 2019 e6 Lady Golf Balls.
- Bridgestone e7 Golf Balls.
Which Pro V1 should I play?
If you’re looking for a softer feel, especially in the short game department – select the Pro V1. If you normally hit a high ball off the tee and don’t mind launching a little lower, the Pro V1 is again the answer. However, the low-ball hitter will definitely benefit from the Pro V1x.
What golf ball should I use with a 100 mph swing speed?
Titleist Pro V1x. The Titleist Pro V1x is the ideal golf ball that delivers outstanding performance to the user. The product has a relatively impressive design with a thinner coating than its predecessors, allowing the ball to fly farther and improve accuracy.
Is a hard or soft golf ball better?
In almost all cases, an average golfer will prefer a softer golf ball over a firmer ball. Softer balls normally have a lower compression rating which means it will take less club speed to properly compress the ball. This will result in straighter shots and a better feeling golf ball.
Do golf balls really make a difference?
Yes, different golf balls do make a difference in how you play. An experienced golfer may be able to control any golf ball, depending on how long they’ve been playing, meaning the type of golf ball matters less and less with growing, active experience.
Do golf balls matter for average golfers?
Too many golfers just play whatever ball they find. This leads to inconsistency as, no matter your skill-level, different balls will act differently. Consistency is absolutely the most important thing in golf no matter how good you are.
What is best golf ball for distance?
Best Distance Golf Balls
- Srixon Distance Golf Ball. Our pick.
- Callaway Warbird Golf Ball. Best for speed off the face.
- Titleist Velocity Golf Ball. High launch.
- Bridgestone e12 Contact Golf Ball.
- TaylorMade Distance + Golf Ball.
- Honma D1 Golf Ball.
- Wilson Tour Velocity Tour Distance Golf Ball.
- Pinnacle Rush Golf Ball.
Are refurbished golf balls any good?
Instead of blasting the cover clean and then re-coat and re-paint, these balls are improved cosmetically based on need. Basically, if there is an arrow that needs painting or a logo that’s fading the refurbished process will make them look as good as new.
What is the lifespan of a golf ball?
Balls are likely to be lost or damaged before they wear out. According to Golf Digest, unless there is visible damage to the cover, the average golf ball should last at least seven full 18-hole rounds without any degradation in performance.